Monday, May 31, 2010

TGIJ!

Thank goodness it's (practically) June!!! May, not my favorite month so far, but June holds the promise of very good things to come :)

First off, I'm headed to Lyon, France tomorrow evening and will be there for three days. I will working at a conference on Thursday and Friday, but will actually have all of Wednesday to peruse the wonders of this French city, eat a baguette, drink some wine and potentially even go shopping. How cool is that? This will be my first trip out of the Middle East since I arrived in early January and to say that I'm excited is the understatement of the century. I can hardly contain my excitement. It's been an arduous and difficult couple of months and with my health being less than optimal lately, I have been well, pretty down (as I'm sure my last couple of posts can attest). I am happy to say, however, that I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and that light is June!

After Lyon, I will be back in KSA for about 10 days and then I'm headed to Phuket, Thailand for about week for another conference. Yes, you are allowed to be jealous ;) but it's about time that I actually get to do some of the travel I was promised when I was hired. Thailand should be a relaxed (and potentially even slow) couple of days but will still be a good way to unwind before my safari!

That's right people, on June 24th I will be headed to Tanzania to go on safari! After much talk of going to Africa, I will finally get to experience the dream and go on safari. It will be a four day extravaganza, followed by a couple of days in Zanzibar and then a couple of days in Egypt (I still haven't seen the pyramids, so I figured, why not?).

Suffice to say, June couldn't come fast enough and now that's it's practically upon us, I am giddy. I am hopeful that this month will be the "recharging of batteries" that I need. I am hopeful that it will be.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Enjoy your traveling! June sounds like it will be a wonderful month!

    ReplyDelete